Sunday, September 28, 2014

Mowing In The Dark

I tried to mow the yard tonight
I couldn’t get it done
And not because I’m lazy or
I wasn’t having fun
The mower had some issues but
I still could make it run
I simply couldn’t see due to
The setting of the sun

Yes, the setting of the sun made it
Impossible for me
I tried to keep on going but
I ran into a tree
My wife, she had a garden, now
She hasn’t got a pea
And I’m really, really sorry but
I really couldn’t see!

And I’d rather not discuss what happened
To the neighbor’s cat
I somehow wound up in their yard
I shouldn’t have done that
The darkness made it hard for me
To tell where I was at
But I think it might get used to having
Fur that’s shaved down flat

And so, my friends, please listen to
The moral of this tale
If you try to mow in darkness
It will be to no avail
Cause although you’ll see a little
While the moon is shining pale
If you’re mowing while it’s dark out then
You’re surely bound to fail

1 comment: