Saturday, September 20, 2014

A Splendid Day

Today has been a splendid day
My sister’s home from weeks away

Her husband’s celebrating, too
So happy birthday, John, to you!

This morning we had fun, as well
A local festival is swell

It honors Johnny Appleseed
And did we go there? Yes, indeed!

There was a large and surging crowd
But we were brave and were not cowed

We got a broom and lemonade
An apple dumpling, freshly made

We saw a lot of things and then
For lunch we went for Mexican

The next part was the highlight, though
We got dressed up and got to go

Off to a dinner, all for free
They called me up and gave to me

A nice award, it was so dear,
They named me Teacher of the Year!

So thank you to the AFA
This truly was a splendid day!


(I realize this is a goofy little poem, but I sincerely want to wish my brother-in-law a very happy birthday and I'm incredibly honored to be named the 2014 Elementary Teacher of the Year by the Fort Wayne Chapter of the Air Force Association.)

2 comments:

  1. It was a splendid day for us as well, congrats to you and John said thanks for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto on the splendid day, thanks again for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete