Monday, May 6, 2013

My Wish


Of all the things that ever were
There’s one I wish I could have seen
I mean, what could be awesomer
Than pterodactyls? They’re so keen!

A pterodactyl, flying high,
Above a beach, all rocks and sand
I’d stand there, waving to the sky
And then he’d see me, and he’d land

He’d waddle over, awkwardly,
I’d hold my hand out, with a fish
He’d eat, then sparkle magically
And say he’d grant me any wish

Of course I’d wish to fly with him
Across the land and through the sky
Granting wishes bold or prim
To anyone who caught our eye

Together then we’d fly away
Spreading goodness, spreading joy,
A new location every day
For any little girl or boy

Alas, my dream is not to be!
The pterodactyl’s gone extinct
And when considered magically
It was a bust, to be succinct

So as a dreamer, all alone,
There’s only one thing I can do
I’ll spread the love all on my own
And maybe you could do it, too

No comments:

Post a Comment