Saturday, July 6, 2013

Sammy Spider

Little Sammy Spider spun a silky spiderweb
Sammy’s strand went “Snap!” and he landed on his head
He thought he'd done it right, but he messed it up instead
So now he's quite frustrated and he’s heading off to bed

(So why did I write this poem? Well, for a good chunk of time tonight I was working on a digital painting of a robot holding a daisy. I was playing with the shading, the layers, etc. and it wasn't turning out quite like I wanted but I figured I'd keep working - until I realized that I'd just put a major part of the picture in the sketch layer that I was planning on deleting at the end! So that was an important lesson learned [lock the layers you don't want to draw in!] at the cost of most of the evening. So I wrote a quick poem about frustration, I'll get a good night's sleep and I'll try again tomorrow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment