Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Let's Have A Party!

Let’s have a party, a party today!
Everybody will dance and the music will play
And we’ll have so much fun that we’ll all shout “Hooray!”
When we have a party, a party today!

My oldest decided that she’d be the host
So she sent invitations by family post
She’s been planning all week, and I don’t mean to boast
But she did a great job when she acted as host

Let’s start with the food cause it all made the grade
We had ice cream and brownies - of course they’re home-made
And to drink was delightfully tart lemonade
Yes the food was delicious, it all made the grade

And as for the fun, well, I’ve never had more
We played games - my wife won (though I’m not keeping score)
And we danced, even me, though I’m now kind of sore
It was all in good fun and I’ve never had more

So our family party was quite the success
And there might be some bias but I must confess
That my daughter’s idea didn’t fail to impress

And our family party was quite the success!

1 comment:

  1. Great job with the poem. Your daughter sounds great. Wish I could have been there.

    D1

    ReplyDelete