Thursday, January 23, 2014

Polar Vortex

This Polar Vortex has to go
I’m getting sick of all this snow
And shoveling! It wears me out
I turn around and want to shout
Cause all the snow has blown right back
I want to curl up in the sack
And sleep until June rolls around
And grass is covering the ground
But then, of course, I’ll have to mow
Around and round, and row by row
While sweat is pouring off of me
Because that darn humidity
Is 95 percent, or more
While temperatures can’t help but soar
And at that time I might reflect
And even hope to resurrect
A day from winter, long since past
To feel again that icy blast
I’d love it then, but now - no way!
With frostbite dangers every day
And icicles as tall as me
While weathermen on the TV
Proclaim the temp’s relentless fall
Throughout the night, and worst of all
The wind chill’s 25 below
This Polar Vortex has to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment