Monday, September 9, 2013

Early To Bed

Tonight after choir my daughter asked me
“Can I go to bed early? I’m wanting to read.”

Well what could I say, I mean surely she could
And why did she ask? Did she think that I would

Tell her “No! You must stay up until it’s quite late.
I don’t want you rested, I want you irate!

And none of this reading, cause you should stay dim!
Illiteracy is the way to fit in!”

I would never say that, so when dinner was done
And she finished her homework and brushed every one

Of her teeth we went up and we lounged on my bed
I got to relax while my little girl read

A Wimpy Kid book, and she read it out loud
She read it to me and it made me so proud

So tonight as I write this with digital pen
I hope that tomorrow we’ll do it again

No comments:

Post a Comment