Monday, March 25, 2013

PLW

Another poem based on true events from this afternoon.


At first I liked the snow last night
The message came - the schools were closed
And I was told “Don’t come to work”
So I remained in bed and dozed

Eventually I did get up
And gazed upon the wintry scene
The beauty could not hide the fact
The driveway needed to be clean

So with my shovel out I went
Grumbling along the way
But then my daughter followed me
To keep me company and play

The snow was thick and dense and wet
And cracks would catch the shovel blade
But how could I be grumpy when
She kept on laughing while she played

The sidewalk wasn’t any fun
My back was sore, the work was hard
But when I looked around at her
She’d built a snowman in our yard

And then she said the final thing
That caused my bitterness to morph
She said, “Hey Daddy! Look, I am
A Pink Love Walrus - orff, orff, orff!!”

So just remember, if you've got
A hard, unpleasant job to do
If you’re lucky you might have
A Pink Love Walrus visit you!

The original Pink Love Walrus and her snowman

No comments:

Post a Comment