Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

It’s Father’s Day, so what did I
Get on this day made just for me?
I got the greatest gift of all
A day of sweet tranquility!

I stayed up late to read a book
Cause reading’s something that I love
I also ate some cookies, so
My pants now fit me like a glove

Got up this morning, went to church
Then took a tour all around
The choir loft, the basement, too
A secret river underground

Then off to Moe’s for Mexican
A crunchy, cheesy treat for lunch
My girls had cards that they had made
That said they loved me a whole bunch

Home again, I went upstairs 
To change my clothes in my bedroom
I laid down for a second, then,
I napped away the afternoon

So now it’s evening, on the couch,
With a movie, laid out flat
Just one thing left - to mow the lawn

Tomorrow’s soon enough for that

No comments:

Post a Comment