Friday, August 23, 2013

The Upside of Having a Cold

The upside of having a cold
Is how it allows me to feel
And experience things as I heal
Like for now as the virus keeps hold

I learn of the difference ‘tween Puffs
And Kleenex and TP and such
While some have that soft, gentle touch
Paper towels are just eight kinds of rough

Then when I’m at work for the day
And I suffer a bad coughing fit
In the stillness when finished, I get
Things accomplished cause folks stay away

With this pressure of stuff in my head
And my sinuses thoroughly sealed
All my internal chambers revealed
It’s not faith, it’s all data instead

But, oh, when that brief moment comes
And I’m clear for a minute or so
The air’s like a flurry of snow
Blasting pure and raw deep in my lungs

So take cheer if you do get a cold
And you feel like a shriveling lump
Just remember, you will clear that hump

And the world will be shiny like gold

1 comment: