Monday, December 8, 2014

Seasons Greetings

Tomorrow, December 9, is Christmas Card Day. To help celebrate, here are a few verses for you to (not) include in your homemade cards this year.

***

For Christmas I got you a puppy
But it wouldn’t fit in the box
So I sold it and kept all the money
And bought you a cheap pair of socks

***

Happy Christmas, my old friend,
I hope it’s full of cheer
Enjoy the lovely snow and ice
And don’t fall on your rear

***

Though I pondered for many long minutes
I didn’t know what I should get
For you, for this holiday season
So guess what? You’re looking at it!

***

Poinsettias sure look so nice
A splash of color in the ice
It’s just too bad I’ve killed them dead
So here’s a ragged weed instead

***

Seasons Greetings to you and yours
(Except your wife, she really snores!)

***

In this holiday season
I wish you were here
Cause you ate all my chips
And you drank all my beer

***

Here’s hoping Santa brings you lots
Of special stuff, you kid!
Because you’re getting squat from me
Cause I know what you did!

***

Noses are red
Lips can be blue
Get out of the cold
Or you might catch the flu!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a choice. I just can't decide which one to use on my card this year.

    ReplyDelete