Friday, January 18, 2013

The Filling

Today I helped interview 4 people for a job opening at work, presented a science show to a bunch of kids at a local hospital and topped it all off with a trip to the dentist to have a cavity filled. I started thinking this poem up while lying on the chair.

The Filling

I have a stick inside my cheek
It makes it rather hard to speak
There’s something on it meant to kill the pain

I have a needle in my gums
It’s making half my face go numb
I wonder if I’ll feel my tongue again

I have a drill inside my tooth
And honestly, to tell the truth,
I hope the dentist knows just what to do

And now they’re packing something in
I arch my neck and drop my chin
To make it easier to spread the goo

They’re polishing the filling smooth
And matching every lump and groove
So once again I have a normal bite

And now with ninety dollars less
A long day’s done and I’ll confess
I’m so glad to be back at home tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment