Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Lightning

Just a quick one tonight - I spent most of the evening at a lovely family dinner at my mom's. Looking through some old pictures with my sister reminded me of an April first from long ago, when I was probably around 7. My dad came into the room and told me there was a surprise for me on the dining room table. I said something like, "Yeah, right. April Fool's - ha ha!"but he said, "No, really. Go look." So eventually I went to check it out, and there it was! My very own, very first plastic airplane model kit! It was that classic WWII fighter, the Lockheed P-38 Lightning. To this day, it's still my favorite airplane. Here's a very rough sketch that does not do it justice.


1 comment:

  1. What a nice memory. Sorry I didn't see this post until this evening.

    ReplyDelete