Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Facing The Beast

I am the hero of the house
A mighty lion, not a mouse

Because I saved my girls and wife
From a fate that’s fraught with strife

Specifically, an evil thing
That lived to screech and wail and sing

This vile creature got inside
Our home, upstairs, it tried to hide

So I went up to face the beast
Nervous? Yes, to say the least

I heard it screaming out its call
All the way from down the hall

I trailed it by its song of wrath
Right into the Master Bath

I closed the door, we’re both locked in
One must lose while one will win

I yanked aside the shower door
And faced the thing I’d come there for

It stared at me, a fearsome sight
Too many legs and black as night

I grappled it, quick as a wink
Before it had a chance to think

And then I wrestled it downstairs
Protecting home and wife and heirs

Out of the house, into the night
In all, a truly epic fight

I left it there, my task completed
I, the victor, him, defeated

And that’s how I became the hero
Daddy - one, the cricket - zero

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a riveting epic tale! I'd be more impressed if I hadn't flushed one down the toilet an hour ago.

    ReplyDelete